Scorching heat can easily be a reason for you to hold on the decision to visit Rajasthan. But there is always another side of the coin. Yes, there is a lot to see and do and participate in Rajasthan.
If the summer’s blister is one reason to turn your plans down, there are many other reasons to keep your plans alive. In this post, we are introducing as high as seven excuses which are not only significant but also they are the seven reasons to tempt you to visit the land of royals.
1. Forts: Whichever time of the year you visit Rajasthan, forts are one of the most sensational attractions here, and there are reasons why!
You get to witness the best of Rajput majestic carvings, structures and designs when you visit these forts. While watching the forts, you realize why the state is known as kingly or the Land of Kings. Every fort is distinct in its own way and tells a story of courage and sacrifice for the motherland.
In addition, every fort introduces you to the prehistoric art and the skilfulness of labours at that time. While Jodhpur’s Mehrangarh Fort is a remarkable ensemble of this, there are others like Umaid Bhawan Palace, Deogarh Mahal, Udai Vilas Palace and Amer ka Kila.
2. Art: Rajasthan’s art exhibits in many forms and it is famed not just in India but abroad too. Handicrafts are the foremost identity of Rajasthan and you get to see it in abundance when you are here. The beautiful male and female handcrafted dresses are such an attraction that you cannot ignore them.
Then there is the original Rajasthani folk dance and you will come across it, right from welcoming to special occasions. All these cumulatively provide you enough material to snap and carry along as a memoire.
3. Puppets and their Show: This is yet another form of art, but needs special mention. Designing and developing puppets requires a rare skill in itself and it gets better when you get to see them in abundance.
However, the extraordinary entertainment comprised in a puppet show is certainly something you won’t want to miss. Puppet shows narrate stories, deliver messages and take you in a different world altogether.
4. Adventure sports: If you are adventure lover, you have innumerable prospects to quench your thirst for adventure in Rajasthan. Whether it is exploring dune bashing in desert or participating in camel safari or jeep safari, you got unending adventure and fun to enjoy.
Camel polo is one of the most recent adventure sports and you cannot witness this anywhere else other than Rajasthan. But you would also like to go on hot balloon-ride, which is yet another activity to accelerate the adrenaline.
5. Mouth-watering Cuisines: As much as the majestic feel of Rajasthan, it is the food here that provides Rajasthan an exclusive recognition. A large range of food delicacies awaits you and each one is unique in its own way.
The Rajasthani dishes are not only tasty but healthy as well. This food is wholesome and a large mishmash of sweet, sour, bitter and various other tastes.
6. Religion: Rajasthan is a highly preferred and favourite religious territory for people all over. The shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti is a renowned pilgrimage spot for people. However there are numerous temples too, like Dilwara temples, Hindu temple in Pushkar, and many others.
7. Wild Life: Weren’t you expecting this one in your list? Well, you can have it because this is yet another attraction in Rajasthan. Ranthambhore National Sanctuary is a well-known tiger reserve on the globe. You get to see most scenic and lively tigers and their cubs here.
Neel Gaay (Cow), Sambhar – a kind of deer and bears provide you surplus entertainment at the Ranthambore.